President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has commissioned a couple of central markets in Uganda for example he recently commissioned Soroti Main Market… In addition, he also commissioned Tororo Central market and he is yet to commission Busia Main Market today…
However, here are some of the reasons why His Excellency the President of Ugandan has commissioned the above markets…
These are 3 of the 21 markets built (Others not yet commissioned) under the Markets and Agriculture Trade Improvement Project (MATIP). The Objectives of this project include among others;
1. To contribute to poverty reduction and economic growth in Uganda through enhanced marketing of Agricultural produce and other merchandise.
2. To create opportunities for people to generate and/or raise their incomes.
3. To create additional working space and improved working conditions in selected markets by providing better structures, proper access, proper drainage, water, electricity and general amenities.
4. To reduce street vending and illegal markets, which have caused many roads being blocked almost half way and causing traffic jam.
5. To increase revenue collection by urban councils.
6. To reduce solid waste management by illegal markets and street vendors, which usually cause blockage of road drains and make maintenance expensive.
See commissioned markets in photos…
SAD! Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago rushed to Aga Khan hospital, Here is Why
Bobi Wine Heads Back To Busoga For Eastern Vote Hunt
Facebook Endorses Presidential Candidate John Katumba
Shocking! Bobi Wine loses temper, exchanges with Hoima DPC – Video